Thursday, February 1, 2018

Cute Floral Card Set




I always love trying new techniques or designs.  I saw this idea on the wonderful Jennifer Maguire's YouTube channel and it caught my imagination!  Here's how I made my version!

I started this process by taking one of my circle dies and tracing a circle on two panels in pencil.  I then took some of my favorite flowers from different Catherine Pooler Designs stamp sets and stamped on this circle to make a colorful wreath.  I also used Catherine Pooler Designs inks!  These inks are incredible!  Rich and vibrant.  The formula of the ink is amazing and just a couple of taps on the foam pad and you get a solid beautiful color!  I erased the pencil mark and used my die to cut out the circle. Now I have two circles and and two frames!  I added sentiments to the circles and attached them to top folding white card bases.  I scattered a few fun sequins on the cards for a little sparkle and added a few of the flowers to the inside of the cards.


 Next, I took a white panel and marked the size of my circle using the frame.  That gave me an idea where to stamp my sentiment.  I cut the frame panel to  5 1/4 x 4.   I then erased the marks and glued the frame on top of this panel.  I then added the finished panel to a side folded black card base.  I of course added a few sequins, I've gotta have sparkle!  I added a white panel cut to 5 1/4 x 4 to the inside of the card, again adding a few of the same stamped flowers


The last frame I turned into a shaker card.  I always save the clear plastic that the stamps come in, as long as they aren't wrinkled.  I cut these to make my shaker windows.  I started using this kind of accidentally one day when I realized that I was out of the usual sheets I used to buy to make my shaker windows!  I was trying to finish up a card for a birthday party I was going to. I just started looking for what I had that I thought might work and had a new stamp set I hadn't opened yet!  I've also used the clear sleeves you use to add papers to a binder.  I used foam tape on the back of this panel, making sure that area around the circle is closed completely so the sequins and beads don't escape.  I also use a lot of tape to make sure the card stands up in the mail well.    I like to add a lot of sequins and some micro-beads to the window.  I used different colors to match the colors I had used for the flowers.  I covered my shaker with a piece of watercolor paper I had in my stash that I had used to play with Distress Inks, but I think it would be fine with just white card stock as well.  I then used Scor Tape to attach the entire panel to a white top folding card.  I used one of my favorite dies from Hero Arts to cut out a "happy" out of black card stock.  I embossed it by using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder by Wow.  I let it cool and embossed it again using Versamark and the powder.  I did this 4 times. It results in a beautiful, very smooth almost enamel look.  I attached it the shaker window using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  This is a strong glue that assures that its there to stay, even through the mail.  I then took a strip of the black card stock and embossed "birthday" with white powder from Wow.  I attached this with a strip of foam tape.  Of course, I stamped a few of the flowers on the inside of the card.  I also stamped 4 envelopes with a scattering of the flowers so the entire set is complete and ready to use or to sell on my Etsy shop.



I now have a set of 4 matching of floral cards!  I thought this was such a cute idea as a gift!  I had a lot of fun making these and it really didn't take very long to finish all 4 cards.  I used #80 Solar White Neenah card stock for the stamping panels and #100 Solar White Neenah card stock for the white bases.  The black card base is from Stampin' Up black card stock.  I love the weight of their colored card stock and feel that its a great price.

Enjoy - and I hope you're smiling!

Jan

2 comments: