Monday, April 2, 2018


You Are Loved




Finally - back to stamping!  I'm still in a brace, but my thumb is free!  It makes all the difference!  That and my Misti, not sure I'd be able to stamp without it right now!

While I was in the cast and couldn't stamp, I found another way to scratch my stamping itch!  Stamp shopping!   (Yes, I realize I have an addiction!)   Now this was probably not the best way for my budget, but I kind of figured out what I would spend before I went crazy!  I also watched lots of YouTube videos!  I have learned so much from all the talented stampers that share their talents and creativity with us!  I wish there had been something like YouTube when I first started stamping.  There turned out to be beginner tips that I didn't know, even after about 15+ years of stamping.  There also been a lot changes over the last 5 years of so.  The development of incredible new tools, awesome new techniques and a huge increase in stamping companies has really changed the quality and style of my of my stamping.  I'm truly getting an education at YouTube University!

On this card I'm using some of my recent purchases from Catherine Pooler Designs.  I'm crazy about this new Grateful Heart set and the great Black Tie Gala Paper Pack.  It's pretty simply actually. I started with a top folding card base from Neenah #110 card stock.   I determined where I wanted my diagonal cut so the awesome striped paper would be displayed on the bottom of the card.  I cut my choice of patterned paper to fit these dimensions and attached it to the card base.  On Neenah #80 card stock, I cut a 5.5 x 4.25 inch card front panel.  I lightly drew a pencil line where I would cut my diagonal.  I the  stamped the pretty flowers so it would hang off that line.  I went ahead and stamped the greeting I had selected too.  To cut the diagonal line, I lined up the matching floral die but made sure that the top plate on my Big Shot lined up with the pencil line.  The machine will only cut here there is pressure.  This allows only the bottom part of the flowers to be cut.  I used my paper trimmer to trim  the straight line on either side of the flowers to complete the diagonal cut.  

I used my Prisma color pencils to add a pop of color to the flowers.  I basically just did short little flicks of my pencil, partly because this is about all I could do at this point with the brace on my right hand!   I was happy how it looked, to my surprise!  I attached it to the card base and added a few pink  sequins to finish it off.

 

I also stamped the flower on the inside of the card and an envelope.  I just think everything feels a little more finished.  I don't always add a sentiment on the inside.  Personally, I like it blank so I can write a personal note.



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.  I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.   I'm still really new at blogging, and would really like to hear how to make this better or what kind of things you'd like to see.  I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Jan
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment